The silver prize-winner of the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro Vasily Levit is preparing for the Asia Championships which will take place in Tashkent from April 30 to May 7.
Vasily has told about the course of preparation for a continental tournament in the interview to the website of the Kazakhstan Boxing Federation.
- After training camps in Almaty the head coach of the Kazakhstan National Team Myrzagali Aitzhanov said that you are ready only for 50-60 percent. So how can you determine your physical condition?
- I am getting fit. A few days ago we have gathered in Astana and have already got back to the second preparation training camp. Everything is good but there are still things what we should improve. There is not much time until the tournament begins and I hope we will be in the best conditions at the Asia Championships.
- It is a final stage of preparation. What do you focus on?
- Speed. We practice a series of blows. The physics was already done and now we will work on tactics, speed and various combinations. However, it is usual practice before big tournaments.
- You are going to Tashkent as one the main favorites of the tournament. It is clear that your opponents will have a special mood for you.
- I don't know. Honestly I didn't think about it. You have just told me now. The favorite is present only at paper but in the ring situation is different. Therefore I don't pay attention to it. I don't care who will have a special mood for me and in what way. It is necessary to be prepared and work hard. I don't think about it. I'm going as a boxer of the National Team and I need to fight and show a good boxing.
- Who will be the main opponent for you in Tashkent?
- The new Olympic cycle starts now therefore it is still unclear who exactly will act in amateur or in professional boxing. We will come and see. We will look through the fights in the Internet. Perhaps, somebody will show up himself among beginners. It is to be honestly now I cannot single out anybody, we will make it there.
- What does our team think about the competition with Uzbekistan boxers? They are very good right now and besides they will host the Championship?
- You should ask our head coach. We always have only one goal is to win. Only God knows what we will get there.
24 november 2014 в 12:57
Поздравляю Назым! Ты за служила это золото! Но почему на награждении спортсменов играл СТАРЫЙ ГИМН Казахстана?! Что за неуважение к нашей стране? Надо наказать ответственных за это!
14 november 2014 в 11:02
07 november 2014 в 15:19
этот титул вне весовых категорий?
07 november 2014 в 12:46
Всей душой и сердцем будем болеть за девушек!!! Вадим Эдуардович, удачи Вам БОЛЬШУЩЩЩЕЙ и, конечно, ярких красивых ПОБЕД!!!
06 november 2014 в 22:53
Казак боксы алемде ен уздик болуы керек. Ойткени биз Казакпыз.