Kazakhstan boxer Sadriddin Akhmedov became a champion of the prestigious tournament in Thailand. And he didn’t have to go into the ring in the Final bout. Uzbekistan boxer Shakhram Giyasov refused to fight and got the silver medal.
In the interview to the official web-site of Kazakhstan Boxing Federation Sadriddin told us about his impressions after the winning at the King’s Cup in Bangkok and also about his availability to compete with Abylaikhan Zhussupov to be the first number in 69 kg weight category.
- Well, Sadriddin, how can you evaluate the last tournament?
- The tournament was difficult because it was the first Elite competition for me. I didn’t worry. I just tried to work as usually but the level was more difficult than at youth tournaments and I should be more enduring.
- A lot of fans expected the win by knock out from you.
- In the first bout I did this. There are a lot of opportunities for knock out in the Elite boxing. Because we don’t have headguards and it is a good chance to carry out the direct and strong shot.
- Which bout was the most difficult for you?
- The Semifinal bout with Philippians boxer. He was a really strong opponent who previously boxed with our boxer Daniyar Yeleussinov in the final of the World Championships. I heard a lot about him but I had only one thought is to win at all costs. I followed the coach’s strategy and I won.
- Tell us please your feelings when you knew that Giyasov won’t go into the ring in the Final.
- I had known that my opponent won’t fight when I wanted to go into the ring. I got juiced to fight against Giyasov. I don’t know reasons why he refused to box but I was ready.
- Which of the famous boxers you can be compared with? Perhaps, with Arturo Gatti who is one of your idols?
- I, probably, didn't come to such high level that I can be compared with someone. I can tell so: I want to surpass their achievements and to enter my name in history of world boxing.
- What do you think about your competition with Abylaikhan Zhussupov in 69 kg weight category?
- The competition is always good. Abylaikhan will compete at the Asia Championships very soon. It is explainable because I have only passed from the Youth Team into the National Team and Zhussupov has an experience of such performances at the International tournaments. If there is a sparring between us, it will be interesting.
- And the last question: what is your dream in boxing?
- I will keep it in myself, but my motto is to conquer those peaks which nobody still achieved.
24 november 2014 в 12:57
Поздравляю Назым! Ты за служила это золото! Но почему на награждении спортсменов играл СТАРЫЙ ГИМН Казахстана?! Что за неуважение к нашей стране? Надо наказать ответственных за это!
14 november 2014 в 11:02
07 november 2014 в 15:19
этот титул вне весовых категорий?
07 november 2014 в 12:46
Всей душой и сердцем будем болеть за девушек!!! Вадим Эдуардович, удачи Вам БОЛЬШУЩЩЩЕЙ и, конечно, ярких красивых ПОБЕД!!!
06 november 2014 в 22:53
Казак боксы алемде ен уздик болуы керек. Ойткени биз Казакпыз.