KazMunayGas National Company is the Kazakhstan national operator in hydrocarbons exploration, production, processing and transportation that represents the Government in Kazakhstan’s oil and gas industry. KMG is 100% owned by Samruk Kazyna National Welfare Fund.
Business portfolio includes:
- Oil and gas exploration and production;
- Oil transportation;
- Gas transportation;
- Crude oil refining, marketing and sale of oil and oil products;
- Oil and gas services.
KazMunayGas’s priority is to bring maximum benefits to the Republic in Kazakhstan from the oil and gas industry development:
- maximize the company’s value, increase profitability and ensure operational safety;
- grow to a globally competitive integrated oil and gas company;
- support the local suppliers of works, goods and services, increase local content in oil and gas projects and develop local workforce.
KazMunayGas is a leading player in Kazakhstan’s oil and gas industry. In Kazakhstan, the company holds 25% in oil production, 80% in oil transportation, nearly 100% in gas transportation, and 85% in oil refining.
Today, KazMunayGas’s major subsidiaries include:
- KazMunayGas Exploration & Production (oil and gas exploration and production)
- KazTransOil (oil transportation)
- KazTransGas (gas transportation)
- KazMunayTeniz (offshore oil operations)
- KazMorTransFlot NMSC (tanker transportation)
- KazMunayGas Processing & Marketing (marketing of oil and oil products in the domestic and global markets)
KazMunayGas’s operations play a strategic role in the national economy development and affect the interests of all Kazakhstanis.
The corporate investment priorities are directed at building a basis for the company’s future value growth:
- expand the hydrocarbons reserves through oil and gas exploration projects and new developments;
- implement projects to expand and diversify the oil and gas transportation infrastructure;
- develop petrochemical facilities and implement projects to upgrade and reconstruct the oil refineries;
- establish and develop service infrastructure to support petroleum operations in Kazakhstan’s sector of the Caspian Sea.